The idea is for students to choose a few of the comic page templates below and use them as a starting point to create an original manga short story.
Manga Comic Jam Project
1. Write and draw your original manga comic short story using at least 4 of the comic page templates provided with photo references of the school building and After School activities.
2. You may use additional pages with your preferred number of panels to adjust the pacing of your story. Ideally limit your project to a total of 8 to 12 pages.
3. You may choose any genre, but keep it PG-13. Your story may remain grounded in reality or include fantasy elements (Drama, Comedy, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Action, Horror, etc).
4. Start planning your story layout with thumbnails and work out your comic page design and word-balloon placement with graphite pencil.
5. Erase stray lines and ink your and letter your story with a Sharpie fine point pen or black marker.
· Anime: Japanese animation.
· Manga: Japanese word for comics and graphic novels.
· Shonen Manga: manga intended for boys.
· Shojo Manga: manga intended for girls.
· Kodomo Manga: manga intended for children.
· Kaiju: “Strange Beast” or monster like Godzilla.
· Dōjinshi (Doujinshi): self-published manga.
· List three animated movies by Hayao Miyazaki.
· Name a character created by Osamu Tezuka.
· Name a Shonen manga title created by Masashi Kishimoto.
· Name a Shonen manga title created by Akira Toriyama.
· Name the creator of the Shojo manga Fruits Basket.