Thursday, January 15, 2009

Pilot Hello Kitty Cap Limited Edition Hi-Tec-C Gel Ink Pen Review

Just got this pen sample for review from JetPens. Thank you Lily!
Since this is such a cute pen, I felt it was a better fit to review it in this kid friendlier blog. It's my understanding that the mascot decorating this pen is Hello Kitty's friend: "Charming Mouse" (Correction update: this HK mascot's actual name is "Sugar", thanks Gentian!)
This limited edition Hi-Tec-C light blue pen performs as well as its regular black counterpart. Great pen for taking notes and writing tiny letters. Its 0.3 mm fine tip writes and draws very smoothly on the paper surface without skipping. Its shade of blue is quite similar to the Pentel Slicci Baby Blue gel pen ink, and it has some non-repro blue quality (when photocopying the scanned image below, only the black kitty appeared clearly while all the blue outlines were barely visible). Thus it would be a good choice for initial blocking and sketching.
The Pilot Hello Kitty Cap Limited Edition Hi-Tec-C Gel Ink Pens are sure to please little girls and girls-at-heart everywhere. The full set of 9 color pens in 0.3 mm or 0.4 mm would make an ideal gift for birthdays and graduations. Alternatively one could get a few sets to distribute as prizes for students in a classroom.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

your drawings are painfully cute!

Kim said...

Wow, I almost bought these just this week! I ended up just getting some individual Hi-Tec-Cs instead, because well, I'm a grownup and I don't think I could actually use up that many pens considering how many I already have. But what a weird coincidence. I am visiting from the Pen Addict!

B2-kun said...

Thanks for stopping by. Actually I think there is no age limit for enjoying and using these "Hello Kitty" pens. Of course, I personally also stick with the regular Hi-Tec-C pens myself ;). This review pen is going to my niece.

Speedmaster said...

VERY cool, nice work!! ;-)

Unknown said...

Cute drawings :) Seems like Sugar was off on some interesting adventures.

miss.awesome.lady said...

I got a Hello Kitty Hi-Tec C from Jetpens as a gift, and wasn't too pleased. Maybe because the artwork I do with pens is mostly on my arm?

B2-kun said...

Its 0.3 mm pen nib must feel rather uncomfortable on the skin I would think. Good think I prefer to work on paper supports.