Thursday, April 11, 2013

Caran D'Ache Neocolor I wax pastels - Excellent coloring-choice for budding artists

Just reviewed these fine wax pastel crayons in my main art supplies blog.  They are an ideal choice for kids artists since it takes very little pressure to release the crayon's pigment on paper, cardboard, ceramic surfaces, and even plywood. Since Caran D'Ache Neocolor I crayons are wax based, they can also be used as resist with watercolors. My brother built these standing boards with 2' X 4' plywood boards.  I drew the designs, and my soon to be 5-years old nephew Mateo help me by coloring half of the target board. These two boards were drawn and colored in a few hours last night in the middle of a living room. 
The board on the left will be used a target practice for his ninja-theme birthday party, and the one of the right will serve as a fair-style photo board once the eye section is cut out to allow kids' faces to peek through the red ninja mask.  

No comments: