Friday, June 5, 2015

45 Cartoon Portraits drawn under 3 hours at 5 Grade Graduation dinner

image
image
Event: 5 grade graduation dinner at school cafeteria 5-8 pm. Drew 40 students plus 5 adults and volunteers on 8.5" X 11" card stock with two 06 Sakura Pigma Sensei pens. Working side  by side with Melody Scruggs (Mimi the Clown) that I met tonight. She is very nice, and you should certainly give her a call if you need fun clean family entertainment services in the Triangle area.
Speed: 15 portraits/hour (though had some down time when no guest were waiting to be drawn). After drawing each portrait, I took a quick photo with my phone to keep track of my progress. Sorry for the blurry shots, for I did not allow the phone enough time to focus on some of them. Managed to document 41 of them, but my battery died by the time I completed the last four cartoon portraits for the evening.
image
image
image
Early in the evening my actual sketching speed was closer to 20 portraits/hour, and as the evening progress we tackled a few more detailed guests and special requests that required a bit more time per portrait.
image
image
image
image
image
image



No comments: