Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Marker colored sketches as class performance incentives

Since I get a lot of drawing requests during class, I figured I would try using some marker colored sketches as bonus incentives to reward good behavior and performance. I made a list of the requested drawings, and quickly sketched them as coloring outlines with a Sakura Pigma Sensei 06 pen. Then I used my custom sets of Prismacolor markers to brighten them up with some color and minimal shading.
Akira Toriyama's Dragon Ball characters Goku and Vegeta were heavily requested, so I came up with these six renditions after a quick Google image search
This ninja and tengu cartoon portraits were loosely based on student photographs. I really prefer making these type of illustrations rather than my poor attempts at fan art.

No comments: