Friday, May 6, 2011

Forgot my Digital Camera! but had a blast drawing Caricatures at the Western Bash Fundraiser

Just got back from a caricature drawing gig at the Naples Beach Hotel & Golf Club: the 4th Annual Boots & Boogie Bash held by the Friends of Foster Children of Southwest Florida. This Western theme fundraiser gave me plenty of opportunity to try my hand at drawing assorted cowboy hats and a wide variety of models of all ages and both genders. It was a blast, and the guests seemed pretty happy with their souvenir cartoon portraits. My only regret is that I forgot to bring my digital camera along to document some of the drawings of the evening. My next caricature drawing appearance will be later today in the Derby Fest on Fifth, I will be stationed a block away from The von Liebig Art Center on 5th Avenue between Park Street and 6th St. S between 5-7 pm (might stay a bit longer if there is enough light to keep drawing). So if you want to get your cartoon portrait drawn and happen to be in the area, I hope you will be able to make it. Packing my camera so I will not forget it again.

No comments: