Monday, January 3, 2011

Caricature Stand and Upcoming ARTSCool 2011 Cartoon Sketching Classes

A few shots of my caricature tent at the 15th Annual Downtown Naples New Year’s Art Fair.We enjoyed a wonderful weather over the weekend. A tad gusty on Saturday. Glad I had brought my packing tape to secure the samples to the table.
Found the experience quite productive and informative regarding the logistics, booth organization, and customer expectations of a caricature artist in Naples downtown area.
For example, we increased visibility of the caricature drawing process by removing the side and rear walls of the tent from Saturday to Sunday.
My tent neighbors: the "Live Art" group. The caricature tent was short on signage and display samples on Saturday.
Had to put together this poster sign to promote my summer classes and showcase the caricature samples to potential customers in a hurry for Sunday. Also handed out lots of Artist Trading Cards (ATC) that doubled as business cards and listed the dates and times for my upcoming ARTScool 2011 classes.
As far as the most frequently used tools: I relied on my trusty Sakura Pigma Sensei 06 and 1.0 mm pens for most of the caricatures.
Dragon Knight caricature colored with Prismacolor Double Ended markers and Faber Castell Pitt Big Brush pens.
Was pleasantly surprised when asked to do a caricature of this cute Maltese dog with a snagle tooth.
Going to have to brush up on my animal anatomy to get faster at my pet cartooning. Had a couple of surprise visitors from the other coast.
Two other satisfied customers with their fantasy caricatures at the New Year's Art Fair: Fairy Mermaid and Ninja Mermaid.Camila coloring her picture with Crayola Super Tip markers. Nicole also colored her Ninja Mermaid and fire-breathing fish sidekick.My Cartoon Sketching classes for the kids summer Art Camp ARTScool 2011 at The von Liebig Art Center will be on June 13-17, July 11-15, and August 1-5.

No comments: